“Headache, hot body, fever” are most often the initial symptoms of various diseases. Often these symptoms and finally ended up treating the symptoms. That is, it is given in a way that reduces fever and relieves pain. There are many families of pain relievers. But the type that is more popular among Thai people is probably no more than paracetamol, aspirin and ibuprofen. that are frequently traded Conveniently available at various drug stores. You don’t need a prescription from a doctor to purchase. and the price is not severe
But each type of painkiller Even though it has properties that help relieve headaches and can have a fever But there are still differences in the hidden properties of each drug.
Paracetamol has another name: Acetaminophen It is considered one of the most safe common home medicines that can be taken to treat pain and reduce fever.
– People weighing 34-50 kilograms, take only 1 paracetamol tablet, no more than 5-6 times per day.
– *People weighing 51-75 kilograms, take 1 and a half paracetamol tablets, no more than 4-5 times per day.
– People weighing 76 kilograms or more Take 2 paracetamol tablets no more than 3-4 times per day.
Everyone can take paracetamol every 4-6 hours, but should not take it for more than 5 days in a row. If after taking paracetamol the symptoms do not improve, you should see a doctor.
Advantages of Paracetamol
– Has few side effects
– Interferes with the action of medicines or other dietary supplements that are taken with little or no effect at all
– Can be used to cover many diseases
– Does not irritate the stomach So you can take it whenever you have pain. Can be before or after eating. And can be repeated every 4-6 hours when symptoms persist.
Disadvantages of Paracetamol
– If you eat too much or have been in contact for too long It may affect kidney and liver function, patients with kidney and liver disease, including those at risk for the liver, such as people who regularly drink alcohol, etc.
– Unable to reduce pain and inflammation of muscles, tissues, and joints.
– People who are allergic to paracetamol This medicine should not be used.
Second in popularity after paracetamol. It is seen that asparin is chosen as a pain reliever and fever reducer with the same results. Some people are more sensitive to aspirin than paracetamol. Therefore it is more popular to take aspirin. It is also one of the most popular medicines around the world. Because of the properties of aspirin Can prevent complications of many diseases.
However, aspirin is a member of the NSAIDs family of drugs, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Therefore, there are precautions that should be kept in mind when using it.
You should take aspirin in the amount of 325-650 milligrams at a time. (Some studies have found that You should start with a dose of 600-650 milligrams or more to relieve moderate to severe pain2-3 and a dose of 500-1000 milligrams to reduce fever.6) Eat every 4-6 hours and should not be taken for more than 5 days in a row if taken. If you take aspirin and your symptoms do not improve, you should see a doctor.
Advantages of aspirin
– Lecturer, female pharmacist Wipharak Bunmak, Department of Pharmacy Faculty of Pharmacy Mahidol University states that aspirin is an effective drug. It has the effect of treating inflammation such as pain, swelling, redness, heat and has the effect of reducing fever.
– Has the effect of resisting platelet clumping. Or what is simply called antiplatelet effect. This makes this drug used to prevent complications resulting from ทางเข้า ufabet https://ufabet999.com blockages in blood vessels, such as coronary artery blockage. Cerebral artery embolism and clogged arteries in the legs, etc.
– The results of using aspirin. In addition to relieving inflammation It also makes it more difficult for platelets to clump together. High doses of aspirin (325-650 mg per dose) are 2-3 effective in relieving pain and inflammation, while low doses of aspirin (75-150 mg per day) have good results. In terms of antiplatelet effect
Disadvantages of aspirin
– When aspirin has the effect of breaking up blood clots. Makes it more difficult for platelets to clump together. Therefore, there may be blood-related side effects such as gastrointestinal bleeding. This is a side effect that is quite common and severe. The risk can be reduced by taking medications that reduce gastric acid secretion as well. The doctor will consider prescribing this medicine to reduce acid secretion in patients with indications for use.
– The chance of bleeding is increased in people who use other medicines. that enhance anti-platelet or anti-blood clotting effects or use drugs in the steroid group (steroids). Therefore, people who use aspirin should be more careful when using other types of drugs as well. Especially the use of NSAIDs to relieve pain or inflammation, as they can enhance the antiplatelet effect and increase stomach irritation.
– Aspirin tablets are large and coated to control the release of the drug in the small intestine. Therefore, the whole tablet should be taken immediately after a meal to reduce stomach irritation. Use according to the symptoms. and stop using the medicine when the symptoms disappear
– Avoid using this medicine in children younger than 16-19 years, especially children or teenagers who have been infected with a virus. Because it was found to be related to a disorder called Reye’s syndrome, which although it is a rare syndrome, is so severe that it can cause the patient’s life.
– Patients with dengue fever should not take aspirin. and NSAIDs, because the antiplatelet effect of aspirin makes abnormal bleeding more easily occur. Makes dengue fever symptoms worse
– Patients with stomach ulcers Have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia have asthma or seasonal allergies, liver disease, kidney disease, gout, heart disease, high blood pressure. or heart attack Those who are pregnant, especially in the last 3 months before giving birth Women who are breastfeeding and those with low blood platelets Avoid taking aspirin. Or if it’s really necessary You should consult your doctor before taking it.
– People with a history of allergic reaction to aspirin or are allergic to NSAIDs
The last painkiller that Thai people like to take is ibuprofen. Some people may think it’s pink paracetamol, but it’s actually a different type of medicine. Many people may have encountered the problem that I took paracetamol and the pain still didn’t go away. So he looked for a drug that had stronger effects. And the answer comes down to ibuprofen. That can reduce headaches and reduce fever faster. So who has tried taking ibuprofen? It is still popular to continue taking ibuprofen. Because it is thought to be a more effective drug than paracetamol.
Ibuprofen is another drug in the group of NSAIDs. Therefore, caution should be taken when using the drug similar to aspirin.
You should take 400 milligrams of ibuprofen at a time. and should not exceed 2,400 milligrams per day or not more than 6 tablets per day
Advantages of ibuprofen
– Can treat pain, reduce fever, and relieve inflammation from various causes such as headaches, toothaches, back pain, arthritis, and menstrual cramps. and minor injuries
– Can reduce pain and inflammation of muscles, tissues, and joints.
– Has slightly fewer side effects than aspirin. (but still more than paracetamol)
– Helps relieve severe pain or if you have a high fever, it is better than paracetamol
Disadvantages of ibuprofen
– Do not use ibuprofen indiscriminately. It should be used only when absolutely necessary. where the patient has a very high fever or only have very severe pain
– Do not take high doses of ibuprofen for a long time. Because it may cause a risk of stroke and heart attack.
– Antiplatelet effect of ibuprofen May cause bleeding in the abdomen and intestines, especially in the elderly.
– Ibuprofen should be taken only after eating. Do not eat on an empty stomach. Because it may have negative effects on the intestines and stomach.
– Pregnant women should consult a doctor before using medicine. or avoid using ibuprofen Especially while the pregnancy is entering the 3rd trimester (7-9 months).
– Do not use ibuprofen on children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
– Patients with cardiovascular disease, blood clots, high blood pressure, diabetes , high cholesterol, liver disease, kidney disease, or asthma should consult a doctor before using the drug.
– People with a history of allergy to ibuprofen or NSAIDs should not use this medicine.
Although aspirin And ibuprofen has more precautions than paracetamol. But it has good properties as a pain reliever and fever reducer. In some cases, it may relieve symptoms better than paracetamol as well. But using drugs to relieve pain in general For Thai people, paracetamol is recommended as being the safest. Because the side effects are less In Thailand, dengue fever is less common in the West. If you take it when you have dengue fever (with symptoms similar to normal fever in the beginning Therefore, it may cause us to misunderstand) which will make the symptoms worse than before. Meanwhile, in the West, aspirin is preferred because it has more beneficial properties in relieving symptoms.
Not sure what type of pain reliever you should take? You should consult a pharmacist. or doctor before taking medicine every time