No matter what age you are There may be a risk of muscle aches and pains. Both from exercise, work, accidents, etc. Medicines that help relieve aches and pains are available in oral, topical, and injection forms, but the ones that are widely used because they are not high in price and are effective are oral muscle relaxants, so many people You may become “addicted” to taking muscle relaxants without knowing when you feel pain, when you take them. But taking muscle relaxants frequently May be dangerous in ways that we are not aware of.
Dangers of “muscle relaxants”
Muscle relaxants that are popular in Thailand include Orphenadrine, Tolperisone, Eperisone, and Baclofen. They have properties to relieve pain, stiffness, and contraction of muscles from exercise. Incorrect body posture, such as moving your body at the wrong time and staying in the same position for too long, such as standing on one leg for too long Lifting heavy objects for too long,โปรโมชั่น ufabet etc.
However, these muscle relaxants often have side effects, such as:
- Dazed, drowsy
- dry mouth and throat
In addition, taking muscle relaxants for a long time May be at risk of kidney toxicity And if the kidneys receive a large amount of toxins from drugs and their accumulation lasts for a long time. It can also cause severe kidney disease to the point of kidney failure.
Therefore, if muscle relaxants are taken Therefore, there are precautions that should be followed as follows.
- Always inform your doctor and pharmacist. If there is any medicine that you are allergic to
- Be careful when taking medicine if you will be working with machinery, driving, or doing any work that requires high concentration. You should consult your doctor about how and when you should take the medicine so that the medicine does not take effect while working. or avoid using other drugs that have fewer side effects (Although it may have a lighter effect But it is safer to eat)
- If you forget to take your medicine at the time specified by your doctor. Eat as soon as you remember. without increasing the dose of the drug
- If the pain decreases There is no need to continue taking the medicine until it’s finished. You can stop taking the medicine as soon as the pain subsides.
- Patients with rheumatoid arthritis can take muscle relaxants. But you should inform your doctor. and asked how to eat in detail
- Do not use in patients myasthenia gravis